Rail droppers are connected to the 5 branch DCC star network under the table. A start has been made soldering the 52 rail droppers to the track.
These are the steps I follow:
1. Strip the wire over 10 mm and tin it
2. Bend the tinned wire into an L shape over 2 mm (image 1)
3. Push the wire down and manoeuvre it such that the L touches the rail perpendicular (image 2)
4. Tin the soldering iron and hold it against the wire and the rail
5. Add a little bit of tin from the side and wait till it flows
6. Remove the iron and hope that it dries into a nice shiny solder joint
7. Measure ohms with the multimeter and … on to the next
EDIT: in the mean time, with step 2 and 3, I added a second bend in the wire. 2 mm parallel to the track and 2 mm perpendicular. The parallel part eases the soldering because there is better rail contact. This is not shown in the video.