At the model railway club (EMV) we needed a soldering station that is suited for delicate soldering jobs like SMDs or PCBs but that can also handle heavier work. I came across the KSGER T12 Soldering Station which can be had for about €35,-.
Is it any good? Short answer: I like it a lot! Watch the video to see if you may like it too.
Some features if the KSGER T12 soldering station:
- Uses T12 tips of which many different types are available for different jobs
- Ready to solder in just about 6 seconds!
- PID control with settings per tip type for accurate and stable control
- Temperature adjustable between 150 – 480 °C
- Quick select from 5 different temperature setpoints
- Grip has a motion sensor to monitor if it is in use
- Standby mode: lower temperature when grip did not move for x minutes
- Sleep mode: room temperature when grip again did not move for x minutes
- Boost mode: higher temperature for x minutes
- Beeps when temperature is reached or when boost, standby or sleep mode starts